The Do’s and Don’ts of Choosing Your Wedding Dress.
18 Jul 2019
Wedding dresses come and go and trends change at an alarming rate, that is why it is so important for every bride to know what to do and what not to do when choosing a dress. Many of us only have one chance so it is important to make it count. There is nothing worse than a bride who is regretful of her wedding dress on her wedding day! Make sure this doesn’t happen to you with these do’s and don’ts:
- Book an appointment beforehand to avoid disappointment.
- Start your wedding dress hunt +- 6-8 months before your big day if possible.
- Ensure that the boutique is an authorized retailer & not selling cheap copies.
- Your research. Know what you like before your fitting.
- Communicate your actual budget to your consultant.
- Be open to trying on an array of different dresses
- Allow yourself to be led by your consultant
- Bring only 2-3 close friends to your fitting
- Tie your hair up for your fitting.
- Wear nude underwear to your fitting
- Keep an open mind.
- Follow our heart- you’ll know when you’ve found the one
- Expect tears- not everybody cries in “the dress”
- Feel like you have to take everybody’s opinions into consideration.
- Show everyone your final choice.
- Expect the sample dress to fit flawlessly from the get-go.
- Book too many fittings as this can confuse you even further
- Think that the very first dress you try can’t be the one, it does happen.
- Be too hard on yourself
Now that you know what the Do’s and Don’ts are you can have the fitting of your dreams at Bridal Manor South Africa to try on the best wedding dresses in Gauteng! Choose from all of the best designers. Our designers include Justin Alexander, Pronovias and Allure Bridals to only name a few!